FootGolf at Walt Disney World’s Golf course is a new activity to enjoy on your next visit to Disney. With 4 beautiful golf courses you’ll find FootGolf on Disney’s Oak Trail course, and will want to book a game to kick off a fun time with friends and family.
Of course there’s a ton of fun things to do when visiting Disney World, between visiting the parks, Disney Springs and hanging by pool, you would think you’ve done it all, but if there’s 1 thing I continue to learn it’s there’s always something else to try and experience, and FootGolf at Disney was a blast.
What is FootGolf?
When I 1st heard the term FootGolf I had no idea what I was hearing, but it was explained to me easily. It’s a combination of soccer and golf. Basically you’ve got a soccer ball that you’ll kick to a 21-inch hole on the golf course, and you keep score of the number of kicks it takes to make it in the hole. A pretty easy concept and whole lot of fun to play.
What to know about Footgolf
- Do you need to be athletic to play? What’s great about this sport is if you can walk a mile and kick a ball you’re good to go.
- What ages can play FootGolf? This is a fun activity for young and old. It’s all about being able to walk the mile, but if you have a little one a stroller is allowed on the course.
- Do you need prior knowledge to play? Nope, they will explain the rules and give you the score card, then it’s just about having fun!
- When can I play FootGolf? Disney’s Oak Trail has FootGolf on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays after 2:30pm. (subject to availability)
- How long does it take to play? For this course it depends if you’re playing 9 or 18 holes. For 9 holes it’s about 1 hour 30 mins for 18 it’s about 2 hours 30 mins.
- How many people can play? You can play between 2-4 players per group. It’s you want to play with a larger group you’ll be split up, but don’t worry there’s a new tee time every 8 minutes so they won’t be far behind!
How much does Disney FootGolf cost?
Disney’s Oak Trail FootGolf cost will range in price from $20-$29 (18 and under get a 40% discount) for 9 holes depending on the season. There are also discounts available for DVC members and Military. You can book your kickoff time through WDW Golf or call 407-WDW-GOLF, or add it on when making your Disney reservations! Also, if you need transportation to the Golf course make sure you ask as that can be arranged
What to wear to FootGolf?
I wanted to make sure I was prepared with the right things to wear to play, and pulled together a list. The good news is you don’t need any specific equipment as they will provide you with a soccer ball, so my list is really about what to wear and bring.
- Closed toed shoes (think athletic sneakers) soccer cleats are not allowed.
- Comfortable clothes (think athlesuire)
- Knee high argyle socks (it’s a FootGolf tradition)
- Hat or visor (Flat caps are also traditional)
- Water bottle
- Valid ID for all adults (each adult must bring a valid ID to enter the property so don’t forget to bring it!)
Walt Disney World Golf
The Happiest Place on Turf is true for the 4 championship golf courses. Celebrating 50 years these courses have garnered praise and prestigious awards and can make your next visit a little more memorable. With options for an avid golfer, beginner or a group who wants to explore FootGolf, they have something for everyone. There’s also the possibility of golfing with nature as you never know what birds and animals will join you on the golf course.
View this post on Instagram
Have you ever played FootGolf?
Disclosure: I attended the We Grow Retreat and my FootGolf experience was a part of the retreat.