After a long difficult school year, it is time to get out and enjoy the summer. We are excited to bring back our annual Summer Bucket List for 2021. Follow us along on our adventures.
North New Jersey Summer Bucket List
This annual list started back in 2017 as a way to make the most of the summer with a stay at home parent. We are lucky to have a parent that can stay home so camps aren’t something we enroll the kids in. Instead we come up with ways to learn, travel, make memories and have fun. In 2018 we continued with with fun!
Summer Bucket List 2021
- Visit Lucy the Elephant
- Ride the Staten Island Ferry
- Stamp two NPS stamps in the parks passport
- You can also check out some of the Junior Ranger programs!
- Listen to a concert in a park
- Watch an outdoor movie
- Have a weekend camping trip
- Make homemade popsicles and/or ice cream
- Sign up for the Summer Reading Club at the library
- Organize a park cleanup
- Have a snow cone sale
- Visit the Wild West City
- Take a nap in a hammock
- Have a backyard sleepover with friends
- Learn a new game
- Go on a hike
- Hiking with kids can be fun and we’ve got some great tips!
- Go to an amusement park
- Go kayaking/rafting/tubing
- See a baseball game
- Make something over a campfire
- Watch a sunrise and a sunset
- Go mini golfing
- Have a scavenger hunt
- Teach the kids a new recipe
Of course the best part is this list can always change for you and your family. Add things, take things away. The key is to give yourself things to look forward to doing and checking off the list. Making memories together is the greatest part of the summer so I encourage you to sit down and with your family and start planning!